Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Anticipating US Nationals 2012: Pairs

One of the most disappointing events that took place last year was the split of John and Caitlin.  Much like the curse of the Sports Illustrated Cover or The Curse of the Best Actress winning an Oscar, there seems to be a US Pairs curse.  Shorty after a win, there is a split.  It seems to be the most unlikely thing to do after winning such an event, but alas it's been the story of US pairs as of late.  

How do you like the new pair of John and Caydee and did you think John made the right move?   Perhaps only time will tell, but it's a shame such a talented skater like Caitlin is partnerless.  Caitlin has said that she will be in attendance at nationals this year.  This is going to be quite an interesting US nationals.


Videos of some of the top US pairs skaters competing in the 2011 Grand Prix:




How do you think they will all do?

4 comments:

  1. Well.. I don't know much about pairskating so it's hard for me to anticipate but I'm so sorry to hear that John and Caitlin are splitting. Since it needs time to get used to knew partners, I think both of them will not do well.
    If they were ice dancers, they can overcome the split but oooh my goodnesssss! They are pair skaters. It will be so hard for them to do throwing jumps and etc. with knew partners!
    Do you know the reason why they are splitting? I'm so curious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again smile!

    John and Caitlin split back in May, it was really shocking as they did so well at worlds. The USA hasn't had such a good placement at worlds in such a long time, no one expected that they would split.

    There was a lot of controversy over the split, lots of rumors. Some rumors were that John and Caydee were dating or that Caydee was going to pay John a lot of $ to skate with her.

    Caitlin has been without a partner ever since, it's such a waste, hope she finds a new partner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not thrilled by any of the top teams in pairs, but if I had to choose... My sentimental favorites to win are Evora/Ladwig. I'm also interested to see the progress of Marley/Brubaker. I hope she looks less freaked out on the ice. My current favorite U.S. pair team is Donlan/Speroff. They have such beautiful lines and presentation. If only they could get the jumps together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ I'm wanting E/L to win too, it's their time!

    ReplyDelete